Durco Manufacturing Company, Inc. is an ISO 9001:2015 certified full-service manufacturer that provides high-quality, precision machined products at competitive prices. We offer machining capabilities for a variety of metal materials and low to high volume production orders. With over 40 years of experience in manufacturing, we are uniquely positioned to provide precision machined parts and components to domestic and global industrial markets across a range of industries, including automotive, electronics, medical, and fastener manufacturing.
Precision machining is an umbrella term for the manufacturing processes used to produce components with extremely tight tolerances. During this process, we remove layers of material from a raw workpiece to accurately produce a physical part based on a design.
There are a number of advantages to employing precision machining for part production, including:
- Higher precision and tighter tolerances. Some applications require adherence to extremely tight tolerances, which can be difficult or impossible to achieve with common machining techniques. Precision machining makes these sorts of projects possible.
- Minimal production error. By employing highly skilled technicians with years of experience, Durco ensures there are no miscalculations or faults in the finished product.
- Less material waste. Our high-quality standards lower the risk of error and reduce the amount of potential material waste due to flawed part or product production.
- Greater consistency. Because production demands are often very similar, our precision machining team can produce thousands of replicas with a consistent level of precision.
- Reduced turnaround and production time. The repetitive nature of precision machining equipment allows for accurate production at faster speeds. This process quality reduces the turnaround time required for a project, allowing manufacturers to fulfill more customer requests.
- Easier prototype production. The faster production time afforded also lends itself to prototype production. When designing and developing a part or product, the ability to produce a full-scale, functional prototype facilitates progression through the manufacturing process.
Common Industrial Applications
Precision machining is of value to any industry where precision is of the utmost importance, including aerospace, medical, electronics, and firearms.
Some specific industrial components that we can produce include:
- Electrical connectors
- Flow valves
- Specialty fittings
Durco’s Precision Machining Capabilities
At Durco, we offer a broad range of precision machining capabilities, encompassing a variety of materials, machines, and processes. While our capabilities allow us to meet the high precision production needs of our clients, our ISO 9001:2015 certification assures them that every component they receive from us meets the highest quality industry standards.
We offer precision machining services for various grades of materials, including plastics and ferrous and nonferrous metals. Some of our material selections include:
- Stainless steel
- Plastic bar stock
Our 10,000 square foot manufacturing facility is stocked with cutting-edge technology, including support equipment, specialty machine attachments, and state-of-the-art Davenport equipment. This equipment allows us to perform basic shaping and advanced finishing operations, such as:
- Thread rolling
Precision Machining Services at Durco Manufacturing
Durco Manufacturing provides full-service manufacturing solutions to clients seeking precision machined parts. We draw on our extensive industry experience to produce high quality, precision metal and plastic components for a range of industrial applications. To learn more about our precision machining and value-added services, or to request a quote, contact us today.